Friday, December 5, 2008

Let the leftovers continue

This should be the last of the leftover ingredients posts. I've just about made it through the remainder of the Thanksgiving stores. I am pretty pleased. While I did go vastly over budget on the feast grocery shopping I have made those ingredients extend for a week with some really good meals.

So, I had leftover....
Whipping cream
Turkey
Brussels sprouts
Pine nuts
Parmesan and Provolone cheese.

So I put that together with some bow tie pasta for some Alfredo. Aside from clearing out some leftovers, this was ridiculously simple to make and looks a Little fancy. It's also remarkably quick to make. Once the pasta was cooked, the whole thing took less than five minutes to make.

I tossed the turkey and the Brussels sprouts in the microwave for a few seconds.

Next I melted a quarter stick of butter over lowish heat, then whisked in a half cup of the cream, until it just came to a simmer.
Next I drizzled in about a cup of shredded cheese, again stirring to combine. Then, I removed it from the heat and tossed in the pasta.
The turkey and sprouts went into the pan and the whole thing went onto the plate. I managed to hold off my Om Nom Nom Nom instincts just long enough to garnish it all with some freshly cracked pepper and another grating of Parmesan Reggiano.



A couple of notes:

Blogger doesn't exactly make it look easy to follow a blog, but it is. If you have a gmail login, this works, here. Otherwise, an account is free, comes with a gmail address and doesn't require your own blog....

Also, I ran across an interesting article on healthy takeout. Take out is a regular part of of our lives, whether we like it or not. none of us can, or want to, cook every meal.

http://www.rd.com/living-healthy/make-take-out-as-healthy-as-home-cooking/article15996.html

2 comments:

  1. Can i also add that you can follow most most blogs via there RSS feed as well. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Thunderbird, & Outlook will all allow you to subscribe to RSS feeds, which will allow you to keep up on the blog. I read most of mine through Thunderbird. It is really easy to set up, and always marks posts that you have not read yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? A Reader's Digest article? I know you're old, but c'mon now....

    ReplyDelete